The art of service revolves around availability, tailored solutions, and taking ownership of a customer’s needs. However, the most important factor is availability since all other aspects hinge on this parameter.
In the Financial Industry, for example, 24/7 availability is an absolute must, and this level of operation would not be possible without using an IVR system. Such dependency on one system elevates its importance and increases the demand for proper functionality, maintenance, and proactive measures.
“TelcoAlert is not a fix-it service, but rather a help us keep it from breaking service. They are a Godsend that provides peace-of-mind, quick notification of issues, and reduces troubleshooting and repair times.”
Solving unique IVR challenges with scalable solutions
In a word, the interactive voice response (IVR) system revolutionized how a business interacts with its customers and redefined customer service availability. To that point, it also created service needs previously not required. Here is where IVR testing and monitoring come in.
“With a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.83% during the forecast period, the IVR market expects to increase in value from 3.73 Billion (2017) to 5.54 Billion by 2023, Globally, according to Markets and Markets research.”
The Value of IVR Testing
IVR testing and monitoring are essential tools that monitor and test an IVR system. IVR testing is the most effective method of discovering issues in your IVR system before they become customer-facing issues. The methodology can be as simple as using a simulated call to confirm the system is active and answering calls or more complex.
These more complex testing methods gather system data that represents the performance of a system based on specific key performance indicators.
Regardless of complexity, IVR testing provides:
- Real-time system alerts
- The ability to be proactive
- An increase in response time
- A reduction in troubleshooting time
- A reduction in repair time
- A reduction in downtime
- Increases reliability
- The ability to improve customer service
- A reduction in operating costs
- Improved customer relationships
- The ability to ensure proper system functionality
- The tools to increase productivity
- Enhanced customer service
- Enhanced customer satisfaction
- Improved customer service department efficiency
The Benefit of IVR Testing and Monitoring
The benefits of using IVR systems in your Business’s customer service approach have a wide array of advantages, all of which affect a company’s bottom-line either directly or indirectly. Therefore, it is understandable how IVR testing can have an equal overall effect, for example:
- Testing helps to maintain customer service by ensuring proper system operation
- Testing helps to retain customers by helping to maintain system functionality
- Testing improves business operations by increasing the productivity and efficiency of customer service representatives
- Load or Stress testing ensures system capabilities under a worst-case scenario
- Testing provides cost savings by ensuring the system is working, which allows agents to handle more urgent or critical customer issues
The TelcoAlert Advantage
TelcoAlert’s suite of proactive IVR tools focuses on putting as much control in our customer’s hands as possible. We make the process seamless, and since our service is hosted, it removes the need for you to purchase extra hardware or software. Our self-service approach allows you to quickly obtain 24/7 monitoring services that ensure customer service availability and customer satisfaction.
Our IVR Monitoring detects:
- Busy lines
- Telephone circuits that are down (failure to route calls)
- IVR system answering capability
- Incorrect IVR messaging (high load/operator errors)
- Unsuitable feedback from menu prompts
- Premature call termination or system hangups
- Degradation in voice/speech quality
- Silence or extensive delays with your IVR system
- IVR menu tree navigation functionality
- Issues with Text-to-speech functionality
- IVR-related backend web call is functionality
If you have questions or you’re ready to take advantage of TelcoAlert’s IVR testing and monitoring, please don’t hesitate to contact us.